Upon its debut in the late 1990s, Invisalign quickly became a popular alternative to traditional braces, revolutionizing orthodontic treatment. Although Invisalign was initially targeted as a largely invisible braces option for adults, it has since gained significant traction with teenage patients too.
In this blog, we hope to address some common Invisalign questions – How much does Invisalign cost? How does Invisialgn differ from traditional braces?
Common FAQs About Invisalign:
#1 – What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic product that uses a series of clear, removable aligners made of specially patented plastic to help to straighten your teeth gradually.
Depending on the complexity of the treatment, Invisalign treatment can last between a few months and a few years.
#2 – How is Invisalign Different from Traditional Metal Braces?
One of the biggest advantages of Invisalign is that there are no brackets or wires. The thin, clear aligners used in Invisalign treatment are generally more comfortable and less noticeable than traditional braces.
This means you can go through treatment without any obvious change to your smile or discomfort that tends to be associated with traditional braces.
Invisalign is also great for cleaning. Because the trays are removable, brushing and flossing regiments established prior to treatment can be maintained throughout treatment.
#3 – How Does It Work?
Depending on your smile, your orthodontist will recommend a patient-specific plan to map out how your teeth will move to reach your desired outcome.
Using a digital scanner and computer program, your doctor will create a unique plan using a sequence of Invisalign aligners to fit the new teeth positions at various checkpoints. The plan is designed to gradually align teeth step by step until your teeth are perfectly straight. For the best results, we recommend wearing them at least 22 hours a day.
#4 – What are the Benefits of Invisalign?
Here are some of the benefits our satisfied patients love about their Invisalign treatment:
- Less Noticeable – Invisalign is perfect for working professionals or patients that do not want the appearance of traditional braces.
- Removable – One of the biggest advantages of Invisalign is that there are no “off-limit” foods like with wire braces. With wire braces, patients must avoid foods that are sticky, chewy, hard, or crunchy due to potential breakage. Invisalign patients can simply remove their Invisalign for meals without having to worry about damage.
- Fewer Irritations – Compared to metal braces, patients love the comfort of the flexible plastic aligners and lack of abrasions that metal brackets and wires can cause.
#5 – What does Invisalign Cost Compared to Traditional Braces?
Thinking about trying the Invisalign treatment but worried about the cost? The good news is they don’t cost much more than traditional braces:
- Average Cost for Invisalign: Ranges from $3000 – $6500
- Average Cost for Metal Bracket Braces: Ranges from $2000 – $6000.
The actual cost of treatment depends on how complex your specific dental needs are and how long the treatment will take.
Additionally, at Bates Orthodontics, we offer a variety of affordable financing options so you can find a payment arrangement that works for you.
Check out our Cost Estimation Calculator to learn more!
If you have any further questions or want to learn more about our Invisalign treatment, schedule a free consultation with Dr. Bates today!